Vending this Weekend

Long Valley Garden Club

Alright! Well I'm taking a trek off the mountain this weekend to show my jewelry at the Long Valley Garden Club in Laytonville, CA. The show is on Saturday from 10am - 4pm and while I don't think any of my blog readers are in the area, you just never know eh?

I've been in a whirlwind of activity going through all my vending supplies and merchandise. It's been a few years, I think, since I last pulled out the EZ up and all. Last night I polished lots of earrings and chains, thought about how to set up, and finished a couple of pieces. Today, I have so much to do I can't even think clearly yet. I guess first stop is to make a more orderly "to do" list so that I can get my butt in gear! It's so crazy for me when I vend so infrequently. I usually don't do it because of the issues with my hands and not being able to haul stuff around, but thank the Goddess they are doing relatively well right now. Woo Hoo!!

The problem with not vending much is that I never have my S**t together. My displays are not quite satisfactory to me. I'm always trying to figure out how to take less stuff and be able to set up and tear down more quickly. In the past, I vended at festivals that were 3 days long so it was a little easier to take a couple of hours to set up, but for a 6 hour show, I'd like to have a simpler design. On top of that, I have too much jewelry to fit in my booth and since it is all one-of-a -kind, I hate to leave something out. They all want to come out and play - you know?

It's been fun getting ready though. I have 3 new types of pieces that I haven't even shown anyone yet because I haven't photographed them. They involve skeleton keys, sea glass, and little miniature bottles with pretties inside (not necessarily all together, but sometimes) . I've been inspired by all of these things for awhile so it's been fun to finally be able to get into creative mode again. Over a year ago, I puchased something from a fellow Etsy seller that came in the cutest tiny little bottle, so of course I had to search and find some so I could create with them. I've had them in my supplies for about a year or so. I'm calling it the "California in a Bottle" series, as they contain lots of things that are special to me about being in Northern California - sea glass, redwood tree needles and bark, local flowers that I collected and dried, lichen, kelp and more. Fun! I'll be sure to post some photos when I get a chance. OH!... I just realized that I do have an image of the bottles. Lets see... ... looking... okay, got it. Here you go:


You can't tell from the photo, but that smallest bottle is only about 3/4 of an inch tall. Too cute!

Okay then... back to work for me.
Love ya,
Shay


2 comments:

Swati said...

These are soooo cute! And guess what? A month or so back, I had bought some miniature bottles too from Etsy. I still have to figure what to make with them. I wish to put them inside my wire bottles...but lets see how I do that. Good luck with the vending! Let me know how it went.

Shay Stone said...

Cool Swati - I can't wait to see what you make with them!

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org