Here's a sneak peak at my new creations with skeleton keys. I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet, so I threw them on the scanner so I could show you a glimpse. There are so many directions to go with these puppies! I've loved these keys since I was a child, but didn't think about using them in jewelry until I saw other artists using them in their work, and my tastes started to open up more to mixed media pieces. I've purchased some on Etsy, but most have been purchased by my father (thanks Dad!) on the east coast where they are more readily available. Around here, if you go to an antique shop, they just never have any. They sell as soon as they come in. I've embellished them with gemstones (chakra and pride rainbows), stones collected from Spirit Lake in Utah that I also got on Etsy, and Sea Glass from England, including some "End-Of-Day" glass. I'll write more about those in future posts. Needless to say, I am having fun creating again.
- Etsy Wire Goddess Team Treasury
- Laurel Moon Jewelry is having a Giveaway of Earth...
- Shadowbox Reveal Day!
- Shadowbox Reveal Day Is Almost Here!
- As IF I Needed Any More Art Supplies ...
- Skeleton Keys...
- Fun, Beautiful Weather and Great People
- Vending this Weekend
- Wonderful Tutorial Deal from Perri of Shaktipaj De...
- Bead Soup Blog Party!
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (12)
- ► 2009 (51)
To see more of my work...
- Shay Stone
- Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!