I've finally got my hands on "The Project"!


Yes, I both found it and am working on it. This makes for a very happy Shay!

It's a little slow getting back into the flow of things, but I'm enjoying every bit of it. For those of you who are new to my blog, I'm referring to a piece that I started and blogged about on
2/15/09 and 2/16/09 .It's a bit of a personal challenge piece, although as I'm sitting here typing, I realized I've messed up one of my goals (smacks head in a "Duh" moment.) I had planned to oxidize it, and just realized that when I picked it up today and got back to work, I've been using the tarnish-resistant Argentium sterling silver instead of the regular sterling. LOL... So, I am officially letting go of that one due to a lapse in brain functioning! That happens amazingly too often, but what can you do.

The photo to the upper right is a close up of these gorgeous peridot gems that I got in Tucson 2 years ago. My only time to Tucson and what an experience! These dangle at the bottom front of the pendant, which you'll see in one of the photos below. They show the current front and back of the piece. It includes peridot, citrine, ruby, garnet and amethyst.





I hope you are all doing great! I'm really busy right now, but can't wait to get back in the swing of things here online. There is so much I want to do!! For example, I want to do giveaways, read all of everyone's blogs, do more photography montages, get my Etsy thing going, and have great conversations with you wonderful people. That's not too much to ask is it? ;)

9 comments:

Swati said...

Yayyy!!! You found it!! I'm so happy!! It already promises to be absolutely gorgeous!!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

No, definitely not too much to ask! Glad you are back. This piece is just remarkable...I'm afraid if I tried something like this it would be a tangled mass. You have GREAT skill with the wire and I admire it. Post more, post more, post more! :)

Lola D said...

Certainly not too much! We should be able to have everything good that we want :) At least I think so!

Shay Stone said...

Oh you guys are too sweet!! (and thanks for the compliments:)

Kathleen, don't be fooled -- there is definitely a tangled mass in there!

Unknown said...

OH so Beautiful Shay! Love your Work! Kudoes!

Kathleen Harrington said...

What beautiful things!! and your blog looks great too!

Shay Stone said...

Thanks so much Alette and Kathleen:) It's so nice to have new friends stopping by! I look forward to taking some time to look at both of your blogs once my family visit is over. Whew.. busy busy busy!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Oh wow! What an intricate piece.

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Beverly:) It's funny to think of anything being intricate compared to what you do with your beads!

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org