The Latest

So... the good news is that my hands are on the mend from this episode and I'm starting to create again. YEY!!! The other good news is that I'm getting myself back onto Etsy -- it's been a couple of years I think. I've been stopped by several reasons, one of which has been frustration with photographing my work and I think I've finally come up with some that I like. That is a GREAT feeling. Here is a preview of a few of my pieces:

The other good thing for me right now is that my mother is visiting from Pennsylvania. I love it when she visits and she's just a wonderful person. We have lots of fun together. Of course, she usually leaves with a number of my pieces for free, but you've just got to give in to mom:) There is a funny thing about mom's visit and my hands being better though. Last night I excitedly went to get the piece that I was working on in my blog... "The Project", and after much searching I couldn't find it or any of the beads I'm using in it. I entirely blame this on my mom because it was due to her visit that I was shoving things in boxes and under tables at the last minute before I left to get her at the airport. All mom's fault!! Nope... not mine at all:) I figure I'll find it one day soon and if not, then after mom leaves. In the mean time, I'll just have to make other fun things.

Actually, that (fun things) reminds me. When we got mom from the airport in San Francisco, we went to the Presidio for the California Watercolor Association's annual National Exhibit. It was amazing to see so many variations of watercolor use. I was just blown away by all the styles and beauty that I saw there. And to top it off, as we drove in to the parking lot, we saw in the building next door there was an Andy Goldsworthy exhibit! I was SO excited. I can't even tell you how much I love his work. If you haven't heard of him, I encourage you to look him up. Maybe I'll do a post about him soon.

I guess that's it for the latest. Back to work now and more playtime tomorrow.

11 comments:

Swati said...

So happy to see you back with jewelry! Moms are amazing, aren't they? I sent you a quick note last night. Sitting here and trying to get someone from Propay to answer my call so I can accept credit cards tomorrow. Arrrgh!!! They keep playing the music.

At least its a treat to see your lovely jewelry while I wait.

Hugs,
Swati

Shay Stone said...

Swati!!! Yes I did get that message and am going to go email you right now:)

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Hi Shay,
Glad you're back in action again! I love the piece in the 3rd picture. Enjoy your 'mom time'. And yes that lost stuff will appear the minute she leaves!

Shuku said...

Shay I am so glad your hands are on the mend and -so- glad you're creating again. I can't wait to see more of your gorgeous work!

--Shuku

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Shay,

Soooo glad to have you back. Your latest works are just amazing.

BTW, I've nominated you for a Lemonade Award...I know you've received this from others, but I wanted to give one to you. You are an inspiration. You can see more about it at my blog! All the best.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Love the intricacy of your new pieces - glad your hands are on the mend.

I have many boxes, closets etc. that get stuffed when guests come to stay... I always promise myself to sort it all out just as soon as they leave.

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Deborah:) I like that piece too. It's actually one of my "on the fence" pieces. Will I keep it or will I sell it! Happily, after searching my studio from top to bottom once again, I decided to look in that cigar box that I was sure had colored pencils in it and what do you know...! So now I have the piece, but no time to work on it yet. Soon:)

Shay Stone said...

Thank you Shuku! I certainly do look forward to making more things. I can't wait to see more of yours as well!

Shay Stone said...

Oh Kathleen you are too sweet! I'm so honored that you see me as an inspiration:) I'll definitely happily pass those nominations along as soon as I get a break from our busy mom schedule!
Thanks again.. you are a sweetie.

Shay Stone said...

Oh Kathleen you are too sweet! I'm so honored that you see me as an inspiration:) I'll definitely happily pass those nominations along as soon as I get a break from our busy mom schedule!
Thanks again.. you are a sweetie.

Shay Stone said...

So Beverly... do you actually sort it out when they leave?? LOL.. I wish I could say that I do! Even if I do, it is certainly all there again by the next visit.
Oh I'm so behind on reading my blogs.. I wonder what beauty I will find when I get to visit yours again!

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org