Interviewed for the "Jewelry Report"

This is Jewelry Report's banner background. Isn't it just gorgeous? I couldn't capture the words on the banner , so you'll just have to go see for yourself!

So I'm finally getting back to the computer today and I see that an interview on me has been published on JewelryReport.com (thank so much Angela!) If you haven't been to this blog Please go check it out. There is so much great information there. I've read all the artist interviews which I always find fascinating, as well as found a number of good marketing tips and other great information . There's just lots of good stuff there. After you've checked out that awesome blog, feel free to read my interview. Here's a direct link to the interview: Shay's Interview. I don't know what to say about it because it is about me! LOL

After that, I have a request. If you've been interviewed and would like to have a link to it on my blog, send me the link and I'll do a future blog post sharing others' interviews. For that matter, if you haven't been interviewed, send me a link to any one page online that shares some information about you -- photos, work.. whatever. I suspect it could take me awhile to get the blog post done so don't hold your breath unless you want to scare all of your loved ones and look really silly.
Ohh.. that sounds fun! (not the you-looking-silly part, but the blog post)

In other news,
Life is slowly coming back to order now that my vacation is over. Bills, emails, cleaning... you know what I mean. How life can go into such chaos over a few weeks is insane. If I have to be honest though, which I do, my house was in chaos before the visit. It's something of a rather ongoing quest to make it more minimized and organized. The funny thing is that I think of myself as a minimalist, with absolutely NO evidence to prove it is so. What kind of delusion is that! ... A fun one at least:)

So.. how are you all doing today? I feel like it's been years since I've touched base! What a silly online world this is.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and congrats on the interview...very nice. The necklace she featured is stunning.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Shay,
Congrats on the article. Wow, it's terrific. And thanks for sharing the link to this blog...what a great find.
I enjoyed the interview so much I posted a link to it on my Facebook page....more people need to find out about you and your work.
:)

Shuku said...

Shay, congrats! Great article and definitely I'll be checking out lots more interviews when I have the time. :)

Sparklyscotty said...

Hi Shay,

You were very generous in your answers for the interview. I love hearing about how different artists create. The answers can be VERY different, and I think they give a real insight into people's work.

Angela

Swati said...

Oh its done? Yayyy!! I'll go read it.

Swati said...

Wrote my response there :-).

Swati said...

Shay, question for you...where can I buy those tiny crystal points you so often use in your jewerly? I have gone crazy looking for them but can't seem to find any ever. LOL!

Swati said...

And don't forget to read all 3 comments of mine above this one. :-P :-P :-P

Ok, I think I should shut up, stop procrastinating and go study for my driving written test (ugh), and my jewelry casting written final exam (more ughs!!)

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Sassyglass:) It was my pleasure to visit your blog! I only had a quick look so far, but I'll be back.
I like that first piece as well. I've yet to do anything like it again, but I feel another one coming on. But oh where do we find the time!

Kathleen.. .you are too sweet as usual. Now I'm going to have to drag myself onto facebook and go visit you! I've been pretty lame at checking
in there but I suspect I'll be getting more into it soon:) Swati's already started making me go there. Friends! lol..

Thanks Shuku! Yes, those interviews are great. I haven't even had a chance to read as much as I'd like to on the jewelry report, but I'm going to as soon as I can. Lots of good info there!

Angela, I totally agree. I can't tell you how much I love reading about other artists and really am thrilled about what you are doing there. Great job!

Swati, Swati, Swati! I get to read 4 posts from you!! Thanks for the kind words over at the Jewelry Report:) I don't have a source for those and haven't found them again. I lucked out at a gem show in Eureka a couple of years ago. They are actually very lightly colored aquamarines. I'll definitely keep my eye out for you though. Have you scoured through Etsy? I love to buy there whenever I can. So how'd your driving test go? When are you going to drive up here??? (don't worry... joking!)

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org