The Project continued

Oooohh I'm having fun with this one. It's feeling luscious so far. It definitely is a challenge for someone who works like I do, without much of a plan. I really have to sit with the piece and try to think ahead a bit rather than my usual free-flow way of working. It's coming along though and I'm pleased that I'm keeping up to my initial goals. Here are a few more glimpses:


Yummy beads! I was inspired to start with the big strand of rubies at the bottom, then decided to add some beautiful AAA faceted citrine brios (my only AAA beads) , very pretty peridot that I got at my first Tucson adventure last year, amethyst, maybe iolite, and some small microfaceted rhodolite garnets to mirror the larger rubies.

Below are some photos in progress.





The two on the top are details of the focal piece and the one on the bottom is a start of what the chain part of the necklace will be. Above right is a close up of the wrapped 3 mm garnet. I just thought it was so small and cute that I should show you a size comparison to my thumb nail.

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Swati said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to see these when you complete them. Just that top left picture is so amazing by itself :-). I hope you get sometime to work on your jewelry so you get to complete these :-)).

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Swati! I hope so too!! I think I'll be able to get back to it this week (crossing my fingers!)

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org