Catching up and moving forward

It's been a lot of fun in my jewelry world lately. I've got a bad habit where I am always working on cleaning the studio instead of working in it. You'd think I would catch up wouldn't you? I've got to believe there are at least some others out there who know what it is like to be ruled by your mess.
But HEY! No more... That's what I say. It's time to create, work and have fun! I'm finally feeling like I'm getting into a creating groove. Yes the mess is still around me and I'll find time to work on it bit by bit, but it's about time I get myself back in gear and on Etsy again. I've been dabbling in wire work for a number of years now ( hmmm.. maybe 5 years?), but the frequency of my working is very occasional, whether it's due to physical pain or depression. I've been desiring to work on it everyday so that I can further develop my skills and watch where I go with it. I've envied other artists who are able to work on a piece every day. I know my own limitations and I've come to terms with them, but right now, I'm feeling good and I want to say NO MORE! I will manifest time, energy, and an able presence to create as much as I want. I'm not huge on affirmations, but I'm giving it a go. Of course I've got the other side if me saying, "but..but....but..."
Not listening:) well kind of.. but......... I'm going to give it a go anyway.
For the last number of days I've been up in the studio working on finishing out pieces so that I can photograph them and get them out there. I primarily make pendants; they seem to be what moves me. Yesterday and today, I've been working on chains to finish them out. Some pieces I'll just sell as a pendant, but I'm enjoying going a step further and making them into a necklace. I'll be curious to see which people are more drawn to. From what I see out there, I suspect people like the entire "package", but we'll see huh?
Well anyway... that's what I am up to... catching up and moving forward. Woo-hoo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org