Reflections on Refractions...

Oh MY... I saw this today and took about 80 photos of it. I thought it was the most magical, beautiful thing I had seen in a long time (ever?). I am amazed by what happens when light moves through water within colored glass. The source of the water is a watering globe in a plant that I have sitting here by my computer. I looked over and just gasped when I saw it. Here are some more images:
I don't believe the photos can do it justice. As I was leaning over clicking away, the images shifted and morphed as the sun moved along it's path, ever changing in these amazing colors and patterns. I think this last one is quite reminiscent of labradorite. What I can't capture is what it was like to be so up close to it. I felt like I stepped into another world. I'm not sure how long I was taking photos; it could have been 5 minutes or an hour. If I was a better writer, I'd try to take you on the journey with me:)
Oh.. how beautiful!!

Shay

11 comments:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

It does look magical! My favorite is the 2nd photo, but the first looks like an angel. Don't you just love unexpected beauty?!

K S Jewellery Designs said...

These pictures are amazing - number 2 and 3 look a little like very colourful alien life forms! I can also see half a face in number 1 - freaky!
I'm really enjoying your blog - thanks for following mine.
Kristin :)

Shay Stone said...

Hey Beverly:)
I really do enjoy unexpected beauty, and I have to admit that more than once, as I was taking these photos, I was imagining your bead soup! I have seed bead envy when in comes to all those colors you can fit into a small space!

Shay Stone said...

How wonderful Krisin! I never even saw that face and now it jumps out at me. I really look forward to printing some of these images on paper and that's definitely going to be one of them. I'm thrilled that you are enjoying the blog!
Shay

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Hi Shay!
Nice to meet you and thanks for following my blog! These are awesome photos. How great that you had the presence of mind to grab your camera... I would probably have just sat there gaping at the light show! I immediately saw the cute aliens in 2 and 3. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Shay Stone said...

Hi Deborah:) Yes.. I could have sat there gaping as well! It's been lots of fun to see what others "see" in the images.
It's my pleasure to watch your blog! I love the colors and patterns that you create in your silk. They are so beautiful!
Shay

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Shay,
Well you caught my attention and when I saw your description that this was water with glass and the light....wow. What fun. Glad you were able to capture as many images as you did.

Joan Piwowar said...

Wow! Your pictures sure do seem to do it justice. I always appreciate nature's little surprises!

Lola D said...

GIRL these are amazing!!! I love them! I am so glad that you were able to capture them! These type pictures don't come along everyday! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you start to feel better with your hands.
HUGS

Shay Stone said...

Of course Kathleen! I hadn't even thought about your particular interest with you being a glass artist! ...smacks forehead... Glad you like it:)

Shay Stone said...

Thanks much Lola dear (that's what the D stands for you you know:)

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org