More wire work

I hope you are all doing most wonderfully today!

I'm doing good and keeping busy as ever. I'm still working on photographing and listing (and cleaning and organizing and.... ). This is the second time I've set up an Etsy shop, though I've got more to list the second time around. I forgot how much work it takes to get it all going. I keep thinking that I can't imagine putting this many hours into the computer, with no creating time. Then I just have to remember that once it's all listed, I get to make things and list them as I finish them. I will get to make things again!

Here is one of my recent listings. I was going to show you more, but either blogger or my connection is getting in the way!

This is my first wrap with balled wire ends that I heated up with a torch. It was fun and I'll probably play with it more one of these days. I just adore that slice of watermelon tourmaline though. It's a bitty thing and so pretty! I have a good number of slices that I can't wait to make into a very rich and colorful necklace one of these days.

Sweet Dreams...






7 comments:

Swati said...

Beautiful work as always! And so happy you are selling your pieces with such ease and frequency!

K S Jewellery Designs said...

That certainly is a beautiful stone and has been framed perfectly - good luck with the new Etsy shop.
Kristin :)

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Swati:) I'm definitely enjoying it!

And thanks to you Kristin. I appreciate the good wishes:)

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Awesome work Shay! And you've been having fun with a torch too. It's addicting. Beautiful stone and a great setting for it. Here's wishing you tons of success with you new Etsy shop!

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

That tourmaline is stunning. I don't know if you intended this... but the from the way the spiral is positioned and the way the pendant hangs, the first thing I saw was a musical treble clef... pretty neat! And I love the knobbies on the wrap wire.

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Kathleen! Yes, I do understand the allure of the torch! I'm still happy to keep it at a minimum for now, but wait til I can make a lampworking studio!

I sure have been enjoying your metalwork:)

Shay Stone said...

Deborah I had no idea! Thanks for sharing:)

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org