Custom Watch Band

This is a watch band I made for a woman that I met in my lampworking class. She saw a couple of pieces that I was wearing and really enjoyed the style of the spirals as they remind her of ferns which are her love and topic of lecture at local colleges. Forgive me Ruth, I can't remember what exactly you teach except that it is about ferns! lol..

The watch was an anniversary gift from her husband about 15 years ago and I feel honored that she asked me to create a band for it. Previously it had a reversable band of black and brown leather. This was particularly a fun piece to make because I've never done a watch band and it provided more than one challenge I had to work through.

After I got the silver on the band done, Ruth chose the array of tourmaline colors that you see here. Hopefully she's going to love it! I get to give it to her tomorrow. I think I'll appreciate it even more when the wire ages a bit and it gets a bit of a patina going to match the dark and light areas of the watch face.

Here are some more images:


8 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Gorgeous Shay! I'm sure she will love it.

Melissa in NJ said...

Oh my that takes my breathe away it is so lovely! Thank you for sharing!

Shay Stone said...

Thanks so much Kathleen and Melissa!

Swati said...

Its AWESOME!!! Another piece you should send to wire jewelry magazine.

Shay Stone said...

Thank you Swati:)

Sol said...

I'm falling in love... This watch is absolutely amazing!

Shay Stone said...

Oh thank you Sol!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to learn how to do this. Tutorial for sale???? bpitchford@hotmail.com

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org