Full of Wildlife


We've been having all kinds of raccoon and snake activity around here lately. I've been trying to catch and relocate a snake, but this one has been eluding me -- the nerve! The raccoons are a pair who were first hanging around a couple of weeks ago. I've shot a number of photos of them while they've been checking everything out.

First they were under the deck and on the ground, then as you see the photos of them looking through the window, they are staring at me while I'm working on jewelry! I find their behavior so fascinating and think they are adorably cute, but not good to have around. I've seen them fighting with one another and they are downright vicious. We are being very careful about when we let the kitties out and are watching them especially after run ins with the rattlesnake.

To top it off, one of the raccoons was in our garden eating the strawberries this morning in daylight! We were shocked to say the least, as we were already outside with the cats and Jesse just happened to look up and see the raccoon. Fortunately we got the cats in before they saw the coon. I certianly hope to never have them encounter one another. I suspect the raccoon will just run away, but I also think the kids will chase after them. Oh.. the wildlife excitement around here! The raccoons are also taking shiny silver objects and moving them around on the property. They're so intriguing to me.

Here's a photo of the cats watching them. Too funny!




On another note, I have been in a rather long creative slump lately, thus not much posting here, but it is finally turning around and I'm in the studio working everyday so I hope to have some more jewelry to share with you. Woohoo! I'm currently working on a bracelet with sterling wire, and emerald and sapphire beads. I'm having lots of fun with it, and will definitely share a photo when I've got it done.

Hope you are all wonderful today:)

9 comments:

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Oh those racoons are so cute - well to look at anyway, maybe not so cute in real life. Over here in the UK all my cat has to worry about is other cats in her territory!
Looking forward to seeing your new work.
Kristin :)

pippijewelry said...

Those raccoons are cheeky little things! I sure don't miss them here. They used to torment my cat and eat his food (though he did puff up and chase them when he knew I had his back.) Too many foxes and coyotes here for them to be much of a problem.
looking forward to seeing your new work, too!
~Pippi

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

They are cute! We have them, but they don't come that close, because of our dog. They would probably fight a cat though, and win. they are vicious when crossed! The snake would have to go, though! One way or another.

Swati said...

Oh they are so cute!!!! And I also love the picture of the cats checking them out. The best though is the coon checking out your jewelry. He appreciates!! :-))))

My friends have gone to Carmel today. I decided not to go.

Swati said...

Oh and one more thing...why don't you have all the jewelry that you have in the margin here in your Etsy shop? Are they all already sold?

Shay Stone said...

Kristin,
They are too cute until I see then fighting with one another and see how vicious they really can be. I'm glad your cat only has the other cats to fend off. They can certainly be a bother, but hopefully not such a big one? Hope you are doing wonderfully:)

Shay Stone said...

Pippi - They sure are! I'm glad you don't have to bother with them anymore. We have fox and coyote, but fortunately I rarely see or hear them so I'm hoping they're not to prevalent around here! (crossing fingers).

Shay Stone said...

Hey Tammy:)
Yes, a dog would make a huge difference. I often wish that I wanted one at times like these. Believe me, I'm with you on the snake thing. I go out and look for it everyday, but it's still keeping away. I'll think positively and hope it has moved its rattling self on out of here!

Shay Stone said...

Swati,
I'm sure you must be right.. he's just enthralled with the jewelry! LOL.. Sorry to hear you didn't go to Carmel today. You are going to have so much fun going up to Mt. Shasta though. Might you all check out the caves?

My jewelry.. do I pick up an oh so subtle hint to get my s@#t together and get posting? lol.. Most are available, they just haven't shown themselves for sale yet. I'm sure it's not my fault. Maybe they like to stay in their warm little baggies at home?

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org