The next one

Well here is my second attempt at this bracelet. I actually had a more difficult time getting this one done because I couldn't get the wraps tight and even. They still aren't, but for now, this is what I've got. I was still working with wire that wasn't quite right. In this case, I used a slightly larger gauge for the frame and a dead soft for the wrap rather than half hard. I usually think that using soft rather than hard is easier, but I'll be curious to see if it is true when I get the right wire. I can't figure out how the instructor doesn't scratch the heck out of it when using the pliers. Another big thing I'm working on!
Okay so here it is: (one of the photos includes my first chainmaille bracelet.)

2 comments:

Maddy Avena said...

I love that you do this. I find it so thrilling to see how the creative muse manifests so differently in each of us. I love the little spiral pendant I got from you at the women's festival. I finally gave T the hair stick and keychain(?) that I got then too, but hid to give her on her birthday. So we have Shay in the house.
:-)

Shay Stone said...

Hey Maddy:) Better late than never huh? I'm with you on enjoying how the muse manifests in us all. I'm so glad you have some Shay in the house! I get to enjoy some Maddy every time I use your awesome salve!

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org