I Have Been Chosen .... (Scared Yet?)


So... this wonderful artist, Lorelei randomly selected me to participate in this pretty neat shadow box challenge. Here's her post so you can learn more about it: Lorelei's Shadow Box Challenge

Now, you may be surprised because I have been overwhelmingly absent over the last year due to problems with my wrists. F i n a l l y... they are coming around and creating is soon to happen! Why not start it off with something that makes me absolutely nervous and excited? Yep, that's what I've chosen to do in putting my name "in the hat" with Lorelei's challenge. I was one of 23 folks chosen to create something with these nifty enameled boxes made by C Koop Beads . On August 27th, there will be a big blog fest where we all show our creations. I have NO idea what I will make with the little beauty that I will soon receive, which makes it even more exciting - no?

You may not even know that I've had a growing interest in mixed media jewelry -- that I've been collecting old skeleton keys, numbered tags, silk and the like. Will I make something completely different and out of my range or will I primarily incorporate gems and wire (which is still out of my range when given a cute little enameled box to incorporate). I have no idea and while this may seem like a very small adventure to some, it's a bit of a leap for me. I have made virtually nothing in a Year - if you are a creator, you know how painful that is! My creative juices have been held down and put away and I can feel them roaring back to the surface. Yipeeeee!

I don't have any expectations about this challenge except to actually make something again, get over the fear of sharing it with a bunch of people, and have lots of fun.


So.. welcome back people :) I know I'm the one that's back, but it felt right to welcome you.

4 comments:

Swati said...

That is fabulous Shay!!!! I look forward to what you make! Yayyyyyy!! And welcome back!!!!

Shay Stone said...

Thanks Swati - I knew you'd be happy to hear it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! New follower from Pagan Team on etsy! I love your stuff. It's truly amazing! I look forward to a new friendship!! Feel free to follow me as well if you'd like! Bright Blessings!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`*SANDI

www.CraftsbySandi.com
http://craftsbysandi.blogspot.com/

Shay Stone said...

Thanks so much Sandi! I really appreciate that and look forward to getting to know you as well :)

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org