Recent Orders and Gifts



I've been working away at orders and swaps and "create it forward pieces." I'm having lots of fun and thought I better just stop in here and update you on what I've finished!


I suppose I won't share any of the "create it forward" pieces until they are all done and out to their peeps so you'll have to wait to see those :)

I recently did 2 pendants for my mom's birthday which she got today. Happy Birthday Mom!!!
These are the two that you see above. The first one is black onyx with a tiny faceted black spinel up at the top. She had been wanting something in just black and silver so this is what I came up with. Hope she likes it!

The second one is a "green amethyst" briolette. Green amethyst is a treated amethyst - there are natural ones (Prasiolite), but very rare I think. When she picked out this stone last time I went back east to visit, I knew I wanted to wrap it using a tutorial I had purchased from "Earrings By Erin" on Etsy. Here's a link to the tutorial: Erin's Vintage Briolette Tutorial.
It was a very well done tutorial and I'd suggest it to anyone who wants to give it a shot. I quite enjoy Erin's work! I had to change a couple of things to adapt to a different sized briolette than she used (mine is smaller), but it has a quite similar look. I thought about oxidizing mine, but mom had made the comment in the past about a bracelet that I gave her, that she likes to watch it darken, so watch she will:)

Happy Birthday Mom!! One of these days I'm going to get her to actually post a comment on my blog. You hear that??!

Okay....
The next items to share were all ordered by a lovely woman who happens to be a good friend of my mothers and probably rivals her in how many pieces of my work she owns.
She had selected a piece of petrified wood (fossilized wood) when she and my mom visited me here in CA some time ago. When I went back east we then picked out a herkimer diamond that she wanted to pair with the wood. She didn't have a particular thing in mind except that she wanted them together - possibly with the herkimer below. I decided to go with a fairly standard style cabochon wrap for both pieces, and used round wire to keep the soft look of the petrified wood. So, here she is front and back or front and front, whichever way you choose to look at it.
Hope she loves it!


The final photo shows a selection of pieces that she ordered to give out to a group of women with whom she celebrates a bit of the supernatural each year. In my mind I think if them as "The Unofficial Coven" though they do not profess themselves to be witches or anything like that.
The do get together yearly to photograph Orbs and call to their ancestors and other friendly spirits. Of course, this is my abbreviated version since I've never accompanied them, but I have been invited and my just have to do so next year.
I had so much fun making these for them!


The stones used in these pendants are: prehnite, amethyst, quartz, amazonite, fluorite, kyanite, mookaite and aventurine. I think she has inspired me to do some more individual group pendant sets. It'd be fun if someone bought a set to give to their friends or keep for themselves if they want.

Okay, one more for the road. This is a piece I made out of sterling silver and aquarmarine crystals - just for fun:) Well, it's all fun really, but I suspect you know what I mean.
Happy creating to you!
Shay

7 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Whoo whooo Shay! You have been one busy lady. Lovely works all. Great job on the gifts for your mom. I do hope she will post on your blog one day, that would be cool. It's really hard to pick a favorite out of all of these, but the last one with all the spirals and the aquamarine crystals is really, really nice! You rock!

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Shay the onyx pendant you made for your mother is stunning - no doubt she'll treasure it. I love your 'for fun' piece too. It's like a very fancy question mark - wonder what the big question is?

Swati said...

All the pieces are lovely Shay! And I learnt something new from your blog today! I didn't know that green Amethyst was treated Amethyst :-). So thank you for educating me. Is it heat treated?

Magda said...

Beautiful, and this last is the best. The greatest stuff is in most cases made for fun, no because it must be done:)

Shay Stone said...

Thanks so much Kathleen! -- you hear that mom?! :)

Deborah - you are the 3rd or 4th person that sees a question mark:) I hadn't even thought of it, but it seems very fitting to where I am in life! Thanks for your kind words as usual!

Swati -I'll get right back to you on that! Need to do some more research:)

Magda - thanks a lot!

Swati said...

Shay's mommy! :-))) Happy Birthday once again to you!! :-))) We hear that you have most of Shay's pieces...lucky you!! :-)) And we want to hear from you here on her blog or on Facebook :-))))).

Shay Stone said...

LOL Swati!

Post a Comment


All-That-I-Am on Etsy:

Followers


Inspired by Iza Malczyk's tutorials






About me...

My photo
Simply put, I'm a wire and gem jewelry freak! I like to string, twist, weave, wrap, form, and decorate with gems, wire and other earthy beauties. If you want to know more please click on the "About" tab at the top of the page. To contact me, check my blogger profile (click below) ... Thanks!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org